September 27, 2010

Times, they are a-changin'

The seasons change, and autumnal winds slow my cycling and whip my hair into tumbleweed, and it starts to darken at 8 o'clock instead of 11. I remind myself soon I will have to check when daylight saving is due to end. Before I was always confused as to what I was meant to do at the change over - in what direction was I meant to wind my clocks, and no one I asked every seemed completely certain of their answer.
Now I have a clever little saying in order to instantly recall this vital piece of information, and will be admired everywhere for being able to pass on this knowledge.


SPRING FORWARD / FALL BACK

(admittedly I never call Autumn "Fall", but 'Autumn back' doesn't have quite the same ring to it.)

As found in 'Kissing the Gunner's Daughter', an Inspector Wexford mystery, by Ruth Rendall.

No comments:

Post a Comment